|samsung wave and the app/task manager|
I had a chance to play with a samsung wave an officemate of mine bought recently (that was last week but I only manage to upload the pics now because unluckily, my mobile phone broke down - which i have been using to capture the images and video). My office scores P 21,000.00 for an installment, 19k for cash payment.
update: I checked samsung yesterday at trinoma and cyberzone and the price go down to 18k for cash.
Anyway, this samsung wave is a touchscreen phone from ~of course~ samsung sporting a 3.3 inches super amoled screen (similar to galaxy S' but with 4' and runs on bada OS.
From the few minutes on riding the wave, here are my takeaways:
- Feels solid on hand. Its also not too small and not to big.
- Does not look cheap
- The touchscreen is very responsive, i believe it's because of the 1ghz ARM cortex A8 processor.
- The screen is uberly awesome. The colors are lively but it doesnt look like overly saturated. (havent tested it outside/under the sun).
- QWERTY virtual keyboard on portrait mode feels a little bit cramped due to the narrow width.
- Games are fast, didn't encounter any hiccups while playing.
- The camera is great. Produces clear and vivid 5 megapixel photo with the aid of a led flash (which is why i'm still wondering why the galaxy s doesnt have). Could have been so much better if xenon flash.
- Battery lasts for 3 days (on average usage of a sun cellular user with few hours of wifi/3g browsing)
- If you already had an android phone before, you will notice that it looks and feels android-ly with touchwiz UI.
- I want to repeat, the screen is superb.
- Accelerometer is very accurate and responsive(in comparison to my experience with n97).
Short and crude video (apologies everyone, I currently have no video editing software installed on my pc + the video is shaky - I dont have a tripod for a mobilephone + the background is my pants, i'm avoiding capturing any confidential files/prints on my office cubicle where i did the recording ), just bear with this video clip i recorded from my phone.
Just want to mention that there will be a 2nd wave (not recession ok?) check out the link from gsmarena. The 2nd wave looks similar to galaxy s minus the two touch sensitive buttons which are replaced by simply buttons.
|Its thin,almost same thickness|
with HTC desire
|Glorious super amoled screen|
- main menu
|task manager - you close open apps|
by tapping the minus button
|Full front view, check out|
how clear the icons are
|back plate - brushed|
|5mp camera sensor with flash|
|battery and sim card slot|